Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Gay bishop at Obama's Inauguration

Though it doesn't completely make up for the Rick Warren debacle, I suppose that having openly gay Episcopal bishop V. Gene Robinson deliver the invocation at the big Inauguration kick-off concert at the Lincoln Memorial on Sunday is a step in the right direction.

What do you all think? Does this make up for it? Is it just a band-aid? Is Obama just covering his tracks? Or is this about as much as we can expect from a politician?

(H/T to Fred for the link)

(By the way, I'm sorry about all the short posts lately. I've been trying to schedule and organize my non-blog life and work in the New Year. I should be back on track soon.)

ETA: Nancy Goldstein at Salon argues that Robinson is too little, too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment