Monday, November 3, 2008

VOTE

I was out canvassing today (or, more properly, reminding people to vote and leaving information about their polling places), and I'm nervous and excited and terrified and buzzing with energy. I'm also exhausted and getting a cold, but I still wanted to post a quick reminder before I collapse for the night with all my fingers and toes crossed.

Please vote, if you haven't already. Make sure all your friends have voted. Remind people on the street to vote. If you can, volunteer to help out tomorrow at a polling center near you to make sure voters aren't disenfranchised and to encourage people to hold out even if the lines are long.

The time for change is now.

Also, my sincerest condolences to Obama and his family for the loss his 86-year-old grandmother Madelyn Dunham. Barack and his sister issued a statement. Such a tragedy that she didn't live to see the election, but how wonderful that she lived to see her grandson achieve so much already.

No comments:

Post a Comment