Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dollhouse

I'm doing a little film production work the next few days, so forgive me if I'm a little lax in posting. (I've been up since 4am today, and my sleep deprivation will probably worsen over the weekend.) So, in lieu of a real post, I'm offering something you all will probably enjoy just as much as my verbiage: the trailer for Joss Whedon's newest television show, Dollhouse, starring Eliza Dushku. It looks like it could be an interesting show, and I love Dushku, but I'm a little disturbed by the premise, as described:
Dollhouse stars Dushku as Echo, one of several "Actives" in a super-secret organization. The Actives can be implanted with memories, personalities, and skills, and serviced out to clients for almost anything--espionage, expertise, and even sex. The best part of the business? When the implant is wiped free, the Active has no memory of what just happened…or so people think.
Superagents who can conveniently be used for anything from espionage to sex? Ummm... Since Whedon is somewhat of a complicated feminist, I guess only time will tell if the show holds non-misogynistic water. While we're waiting for the verdict, check out the preview:



Dollhouse premieres Friday, February 13th at 9/8c on FOX.

No comments:

Post a Comment