Monday, October 13, 2008

Columbus Day Linkage

Some great posts on what it means to celebrate Columbus Day and why there's really nothing to celebrate:

Día de la Resistencia Indígena, Womanist Musings

A Day that Lives in Infamy, elle, phd

Happy Día de la Raza!, Nezua

Columbus Day Observed, Mamita Mala

Speaking of racism, The Bilerco Project analyzes the McCain campaign's scary race tactics and its effects and Tim Wise weighs in on the cost of silence.

And Cara at The Curvature decries another one of those awful, "provocative" victim-blaming anti-rape PSAs.

On the flip side, on an amusing/day-making note, my hero Tina Fey says she'll leave the planet if McCain-Palin win:
The "SNL" veteran who has come back to play the Republican Vice Presidential candidate (and whose own show, "30 Rock," is still nowhere to be seen), said, "We're gonna take it week by week. If she wins, I'm done. I can't do that for four years. And by 'I'm done,' I mean I'm leaving Earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment